I started my professional life as Veterinarian in Germany. After moving to the United States over a decade ago, I went back to the professional drawing board and started to study photography intensively. The combination of art and science in the photographic medium fascinates me. Whenever I encounter a new technique I have to try and play with it.
Although successfully working as a professional photographer for the last couple of years, I'm always for the lookout to combine my experience and knowledge as a veterinarian with my dedication for photography. Nature in itself, but animals, wild or tame, in particular, are where I believe my true calling lies.
I also see myself as a conservation photographer. With my images I want to be an ambassador for nature and wildlife, showing people places they might never go to, but they should know about. So that they see what's at stake.
Susanne lives with her husband, two sons, dogs, cats, chickens and horses in the British Columbia Rocky Mountains. Susanne is a member of IAPP (International Association of Panoramic Photographers), NAPP (National Association of Photoshop Professionals), NANPA (North American Nature Photographer's Association) and CPS (Canon Professional Services).
- Bronze Awards in the Epson International Pano Awards 2013 in the Open competition, Nature category as well as in The Built Environment category
- Honorable Mention in the 2012 ICP Awards (International Conservation Photography) in the category "Environment at Risk"
- Bronze Awards in the Epson International Pano Awards 2012 in the Open competition, Nature category
- First place in the Epson International Pano Awards 2011 in the Open competition, Nature category
- Silver and Bronze awards in the Epson International Pano Awards 2011
- First place in the 2010 ICP Awards (International Conservation Photography) in the category "Environment at Risk"
- Bronze Award in the Epson International Pano Awards 2010
- TPOTY 2009 Travel Photographer of the Year Finalist